19 Haziran 2014 Perşembe

Week 4&5: JSON Protocol and Implementation

Hello reader,

Last week I have my final exams and my thesis defence. Also, last week we have finished the JSON protocol. But, since I have nothing much to say I am going to post two weeks work in one post.

This week we tried to implement the interactivity part on IPython notebook. We have done a proof of concept using rain.py before, so I decided to re-use it again - Houston, we have a problem.

In rain.py, the GLUT backend is used, like most of the Vispy's demos. GLUT has a function named "glutMainLoop()" which enters the GLUT event processing loop. This is ok, but once called, this routine never returns. At this point our problem occurs. Since this function takes over control, our widgets stop syncing with Python. Thus, we are unable to handle user events!

We are currently searching a solution for that. Vispy-devs currently suggesting to avoid GLUT in such case.

Next post: The Solution (I hope!)

See you next post!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder